12/5/12

a few more christmas cards

Helloooo! Did it echo? LOL

I thought I was finished with christmas cards - but nope I needed a few more. Sandy, the owner of OWH posted on her blog a very simple folding card and it looked so easy I figured I'd give it a try - it is a fast card to put together and will be loved by their intended recipients. This weekend I am going to try a few valentine ones to send in to OWH

I started off by making a lil tree - I love making these - they fit so good on A2 sized cards - To make the tree just punch out lots and lots of branches out in a lighter and darker color and it looks better if they are different textures, then punch (or even cut it out free hand, remember before we had all these punches an dies we used scissors) tree in a bendable shade of green and cover it with a tacky glue and arrange your branches with them pointing down - making sure not to leave any gaps - then decorate it how you want.


After I had my trees made I made a couple cards with the trees and then a few without - here are the cards I ended up with - not all the cards are finished, a few still need so stickles and the insides of the red ones need a lil more decorating but I am tired and wanted to show what I have done so far - this weekend I will fish them up.






I loved how the black one came out - it is for a very unique person who will appreciate the card! I wish you could see the contrast of the black mat and the card base - it is phenomenal, I am going to take better pictures in the daylight tomorrow, if I remember I'll post a good one here. I am entering the black one into a black christmas challenge - wish me luck : )

Ok cause I know people will ask - all the solid card stock comes from cutcardstock (I love the quality of their cardstock and they do not gouge for shipping and remember they have the 120 lb cardstock that scores easily and cleanly, if you make cards for OWH the heavier the weight the better) and the various 'designer' papers come from the following collections -

My Mind's Eye -
Lost & Found Christmas

Kaiser Kraft - Turtle Dove & the 13th Hour

DCWV - Immortal

and the God to God 2 Collection from The Paper Stack

and random bits from my left over scrap paper pieces.


Now I shared the good stuff and I have some advice... do not buy generic tape for your ATG tape gun... I started this card project with Scotch and all was good (I love the ATG but the tape is so expensive!) then I ran out of tape - uggg - so I had my husband run to our hardware store and see if by chance they had the tape cause I already know the obvious places do not and yeee hhaaaa (NOT) they had some - but not the scotch brand - I load the crazy thing, and the tape is awful - 1 it is not a good bond and 2 it does not end right when you lift the gun off the paper (I don't know any other way to describe it) So tomorrow I will make my monthly trip to Grandforks for groceries and go to Micheal's and get good tape. If your ever tempted to buy the generic rolls of tape, they have brown backing paper and have no brand name, they just come in a plastic bag - be wary of that tape... and the worst part of this lousy tape is it actually cost a buck more the the 3M!

Well ok my advice turned into a rant : )

See you again sometime soon with more odd stuff out of my head - Lorri

and yipppeee the text formatting is back on my blog posts - some things are small but make me so happy!



No comments: