6/2/15

Just Another Card

Before I tucked one of my favorite stamps back in the drawer I decided to use her again (all my stamps are of the female persuasion, lol).

This one is just made from a few scraps in my bin - the base is 'something' stampin up, it came from an assorted card base set and the flowers are cut from the leftovers of a studio calico paper called classic calico - the green shimmer paper is a mystery one from off cuts from cutcardstock.com - love it, wish I had more : )

I used my stampin up thing called 'the tearing edge' to get the jagged edge and the ribbon comes from the Aqua and Coral ribbon mix from Really Reasonable Ribbon... and the corrugated cardboard is just a piece of trash and it inspired the card, lol!


I used some Tim Holtz Distress crackle paint in Vintage Photo on the cardboard to give it a old falling apart look and then used some glimmer glaze and recollections embossing powder in Glacier to make it look like peeling paint on an old wall... I like how the effect turned out!

I popped the flowers up a lil differently, I wanted them to have some depth from the side view - 


I think I like how it turned out - I will add it to my stash til it is needed....

Not sure what to start next - tomorrow I should be getting a order from blitsy, some paper smooches stamps and dies, maybe a Joann's order, that will be G45 and some copics to fill mine out... and sometime this week I will get my studio calic order, just one lil die set that will make me so happy, Kids at Play, expect a kite card!
Oooo and soon the adorable lil whale set will be rolling in from Stephanie Barnard - I cannot wait!


Have a wonderful rest of your week, I vill b back : )


No comments: